Start an Independent Transportation Network (ITN)
Starting an ITN affiliate in your community
ITNAmerica works with organizations and individuals to help develop dignified and sustainable transportation in communities across the country. We welcome your interest, and hope you will consider the benefits of having an ITN affiliate in your local area.
About our affiliation process
ITNAmerica provides a "pre-affiliate" representative to educate you and your colleagues on the details and requirements to start an ITN affiliate. Once you make the decision to start an affiliate, our representative acts as your coach as you establish your local affiliate.
You will have an opportunity to discuss the process and requirements, and the demographics in your area to determine if the ITN model is a good match for your community. Communities that meet our minimum standards will receive further documents to guide you along our "Pathway to Affiliation."
While ITN affiliation is not currently an option for rural communities, we are conducting research into a related rural ITN program that we will begin implementing soon.
To learn more, or if you have any questions about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us or register for one of our free webinars.
ITNAmerica is quite flexible, recognizing that an initiative to establish an ITN affiliate may come from a variety of sources. Interest in ITN affiliation usually comes from one of the following:
- A non-profit organization, that is, a 501(c)(3);
- An organization such as, but not limited to, an Area Agency on Aging, a United Way affiliate, a faith-based organization, an existing transportation provider, or a service organization;
- Any of a number of government organizations (municipality, county, or state), such as a Mayor’s Office, or Task Force on Aging;
- A private individual or a team of private citizens, willing to raise awareness, organize the effort, and gather resources necessary to start and maintain an ITN affiliate;
- Most frequently, a coalition of several of the choices above.
PreAffiliation with ITNAmerica is an interim step to full affiliation. The PreAffiliation program is designed for communities who are committed to starting an ITN® and wish to benefit from full-fledged use of the ITN brand in their fundraising efforts, but are not ready to make the commitment of full affiliation. PreAffiliates benefit from a rich level of support designed to help with marketing and branding, planning and guidance, as well as training and networking. Please contact us for more details.